Proper characterisation of ground conditions beneath your development site is crucial, to provide information for design, and to ensure ground related risks are identified, quantified, and adequately mitigated before construction starts.
Previous land use has left a legacy of contamination on many sites. Such contamination must be identified in order to assess the risk during construction and to the eventual occupiers of the site.
Evans & Langford can offer clients a full range of Geo-Environmental services, including:
- Desk Study (Phase 1 Assessment) – These can identify potential contamination and geotechnical risks before intrusive investigation takes place.
- Intrusive investigation and in-situ testing using a range of techniques appropriate for the site, the nature of the proposed development, and the anticipated ground conditions.
- Geotechnical and analytical testing through long standing relationships with specialist testing laboratories.
- Provision of clear and detailed reports.
- Geotechnical analysis and design.
- Advice on and design of temporary works including excavation support and working platforms.
- Liaison with Planning Authorities, the Environment Agency, and other regulators.